Hot days are upon us. A great way to cool off is with a refreshingly chilled salmon salad. This salad is also one way to use up leftover salmon from a summer barbecue. Easy and quick.
Salmon Salad RecipePrint
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cooked, either poached, grilled, or gently fried, and cooled to at least room temperature
- 2 celery stalks - finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion - peeled, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp of capers (strain out the pickling juice)
- The juice of 1 lemon (regular lemon, not Meyer lemon)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill - chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Break cooked salmon into chunk sized pieces and add to bowl. Combine celery, red onion, capers, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh dill in a separate dish. Gently add the dressing mixture into the bowl of salmon, mixing just enough so all pieces are coated. Add a sprinkling of salt and ground pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to cool and to allow the flavors to blend.
Serve with a slice of lemon.
For best results, do not over-cook your salmon!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Salmon Salad on Simply Recipes. Thank you!Print