We are using mozzarella cheese in this recipe because I just happened to have some on hand. Feel free to use your favorite melty cheese - swiss, gruyere, provolone, cheddar. I'm using Italian seasoning, a mix of dried herbs, but you could easily use your fresh herbs of choice.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce fresh kale, destemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Heat olive oil in a stick-free frying pan on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and red pepper flakes. Cook for one minute.
2 Add the thinly sliced kale to the pan, toss with the onions and olive oil. Cook for a few minutes, until the kale is just wilted.
3 Lower the heat to medium. Add the beaten eggs to the pan. Stir until the eggs begin to set. Then stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat and continue to stir a few times until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.