Jump to Recipe
When I announced I was making a fennel Parmesan salad, my father remarked something to the effect, “That sounds like something for ‘ladies who lunch’.” It does, doesn’t it?
It may seem like an odd idea to put Parmesan alongside fennel, but it’s actually quite good. The cheese perfectly complements the slight licorice hint of the fennel.
Thyme and parsley provide the accents along with a simple olive oil and lemon dressing.
Shaved Fennel Salad RecipePrint
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved paper thin with a mandoline or meat slicer
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 2 Tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
Gently toss all of the ingredients together.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Shaved Fennel Salad on Simply Recipes. Thank you!Print