What better way to cool down in the heat of summer than with a delicious cold salad? Freshly cooked shrimp and creamy avocado are a perfect match, especially with a crisp vinaigrette. The best news? It only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad Recipe
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb small or extra small shrimp, cooked, peeled, and de-veined
- 2 ripe avocados
- Lettuce - preferably butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce
- Optional - 2 Tbsp chopped roasted walnuts or pistachios
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Lemon slices for garnish
1 Combine oil, vinegar, and green onions in a bowl. Chop shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and add to oil mixture.
2 Arrange leaves of lettuce on individual plates. Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Remove some of the avocado around the pit area and mix in with the shrimp. With a spoon, carefully scoop out avocado halves from their skins in one piece. Place avocado half on plate with lettuce.
3 Spoon shrimp mixture on to avocado. Sprinkle with walnuts and cilantro (optional).
Serve with lemon slices for garnish.