Thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, radishes, green onion, and cilantro, tossed with olive oil and rice vinegar dressing. Great for TexMex and Southwestern dishes.
If the seasoned rice vinegar adds too much sweetness for your taste, sprinkle in a little lemon juice. If you are using unsweetened rice vinegar, to get the right balance of acidity and sweet, sprinkle a little sugar over the salad and toss.
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1/3 to 1/2 cabbage)*
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar with added sugar to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* a mandoline will make slicing cabbage much much easier than using a knife.
Place the thinly sliced cabbage, grated carrot, radish slices, sliced green onions, and cilantro in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.