Fresh and easy tabbouleh parsley and bulgur wheat salad, with fresh parsley, mint, bulgur soaked in stock, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice.
- 2 cups vegetable stock (for vegetarian option), chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 5-6 Roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped, including the greens
- 2-3 cups parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 Place the bulgur in a medium sized bowl. Bring the stock or water and the teaspoon of salt to a boil, pour it over the bulgur. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
2 In a large bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, bulgur and mix well. Add in all the other ingredients and mix to combine.
3 Taste the tabbouleh, and add more salt, olive oil or more lemon juice to taste. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Will keep chilled for several days.