Chilled egg salad with fresh tarragon, fennel, red bell pepper, and green onions.
- 10-12 hard boiled eggs*, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel (about 1/2 of one large bulb)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, including the greens
- 1/4 cup, packed, chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
* To hard boil eggs, put eggs in a large pot, cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Cover and let sit for 12 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to stop the cooking and to cool down the eggs.
Gently combine all of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve alone, over lettuce, on toast, or on bread for a sandwich.