If you don't have Boursin cheese, you can use goat cheese with some chopped fresh herbs mixed in. You will find the Boursin easiest to spread if it has been sitting at room temp for 10 minutes or so.
- 2 to 4 slices of French or Italian loaf bread
- Herbed Boursin cheese, about 2 Tbsp per slice of bread
- 1 medium to large vine-ripened tomato
- Coarse salt (like fleur de sel or even just Kosher salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Toast the bread.
2 While the bread is toasting, slice the tomato into 1/4-inch slices.
3 Once the bread is lightly toasted, spread one side with Boursin cheese. Top with a couple slices of tomato, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.