Turkey bacon roulades. Turkey cutlets layered with Provolone cheese, ham, and seasonings, rolled up and wrapped with bacon, then baked.
- 4 turkey breast cutlets, turkey breasts cut open and pounded to an even 1/4-inch thickness (about 1 pound)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dry basil or a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh basil
- 8 thin slices ham
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices bacon
1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Place each cutlet on a piece of aluminum foil (about 5x6 inches). Sprinkle each cutlet with salt, pepper, garlic, and basil.
2 Layer a slice of cheese and a couple slices of ham on to each cutlet. Starting with the narrowest end, roll up the cutlet tightly. Gently wrap 2 slices of bacon around each cutlet. Fold up the aluminum foil around the turkey roll and wrap it tightly.
3 Place in a baking dish and put in the 375°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and gently open up the aluminum foil wrappings to expose the bacon. Increase the oven temp to 400°F. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the bacon is lightly browned.
Serve immediately. Serve alone or with rice, or pan-fried vegetables.
Yield: Serves 4.