Annie is a word-obsessed writer and editor living in Portland, Oregon. She grew up immersed in cooking and food, and loves to write about it as a result.
- She went on to get a B.A. in English and dedicate her career to words.
- She now lives in Portland, Oregon and does all manner of freelance writing and editing, though a high percentage of her articles are about food, restaurants, and eating.
- She's previously written for a variety of publications, including Eater, Taffeta, and the forthcoming "Llewellyn's 2021 Herbal Almanac," featuring a tasty article with lots of sandwich recipes.
- She has also worked as a book editor, magazine editor, and social media manager.
- Besides writing, she also currently does community inclusion and direct support work with disabled adults, another lifelong passion.
Annie grew up with a family of food-obsessed individuals, including a stepmom with a culinary degree who eventually opened two from-scratch bakeries. Cooking and food conversations were a part of their daily routine and eventually, they'd go on to start a nine-year weekly sandwich night tradition. She was never the impressive chef of the family but always loved talking food.
Annie received a B.A. in English and creative writing from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.