Catherine is a freelance writer and editor specializing in food, culture, tourism, home and garden, business, and the arts. Her work has appeared in national publications, such as Bon Appetit, and in film and video. She’s also proud to have been featured in the pages of smaller regional publications that maintain a commitment to local print journalism alongside their digital presences.
- Catherine has written for SimplyRecipes since June 2021.
- Her work has appeared in Bon Appetit, The Register-Guard, and in hyperlocal media.
- She was the conceptualizing producer for Off 90, a magazine-format series of culture and heritage for KSMQ Public Television in Minnesota.
- She has written as a restaurant critic, for theatre, as an art critic, and has two children’s books in development.
- Catherine has a Bachelor’s degree in Communications & Journalism from Towson University, as well as graduate and professional training from Emerson College, Cal State, and the School of Visual Arts and The Foundation Center, both in New York City.
Grandma’s kitchen was a favorite place for Catherine growing up. There she learned to bake, roast, broil, and cook almost anything from scratch and that’s where she first experienced the complex and satisfying connections between food, family, and culture. Today, she is educated in multiple academic disciplines and professional tracks—including law, journalism, and the performing arts—where she has developed her skills as a storyteller, writer, and editor. Her work has appeared in national publications, such as Bon Appetit, and in film and video. Catherine's professional life currently has roots in the American West, but her peripatetic writer’s mind might just take her anywhere.
Catherine has a Bachelor’s degree in Communications & Journalism from Towson University and has studied at the professional level at Emerson College, California State University Long Beach, the School of Visual Arts, and The Foundation Center.
- Ugh, I Hate Ice Cream (Said no one ever) Tastings, The Register-Guard
- Silicone Rubber Bands Are 1000x More Useful in the Kitchen Than Regular Rubber Bands, Bon Appetit
- Ninkasi Brewing Company Breaks Out with The Better Living Room Restaurant, Tastings, The Register-Guard
- KSMQ’S Off 90 (conceptualizing producer), magazine series of local culture and heritage
Simply Recipes Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.