If you, like me, are a Caesar salad lover, then you’ll love Caesar salad wraps. They are the perfect quick make-ahead lunch for eating on the go or at your desk. Plus, they’re so easy to make. After all, it's just Caesar salad wrapped in a soft flour tortilla. For this recipe, I’ve added cooked chicken to create a more filling meal.
Many Ways to Cook the Chicken
The recipe calls for cooked chicken. Use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or cook your own chicken using one of the following methods:
- In an Instant Pot, when the chicken is fresh
- In an Instant Pot, when the chicken is frozen
- Boiled chicken
- Chicken confit
- Roasted chicken
Tips For Making a Homemade Chicken Caesar Wrap
- As with most simple recipes, the quality of the ingredients matters. I highly recommend making your own Caesar dressing and croutons, and use freshly grated the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the salad in a large bowl to ensure everything gets evenly coated in the dressing before you wrap them.
- Use big tortillas—they're easier to wrap. Mine were about 10 inches wide.
- Don’t overfill the tortilla. This makes it hard to roll up.
Love a Salad? Wrap It!
The general idea is this: Take a salad you love and wrap it in a tortilla. This opens up a world of quick, easy, and delicious wraps. Here are some salads you could try wrapping:
- Kale Caesar wrap: A seasonal twist on the classic Caesar, with an anchovy-free dressing. Make sure the croutons are bite-sized. A smear of plain hummus or a boiled egg would be a great idea.
- Chicken avocado wrap: A tangy buttermilk dressing, shredded chicken, and creamy avocado are the perfect candidates for tucking into a white or wheat flour tortilla. Break up the garlic toasts into bite-sized pieces with your hands before tossing the salad.
- Green goddess wrap: Green goddess dressing is an herby, creamy dressing that could coat crunchy lettuces, cucumbers, leftover roasted veggies, and a cooked grain, like chewy farro. Here’s another grain bowl that would be delicious wrapped.
- Chicken tahini wrap: This super easy, sesame-studded salad with chicken and radish is great if you have a taste for tahini.
How to Store Chicken Caesar Wraps
Wraps, as with most sandwiches, are best eaten fresh, but if you want to prepare them ahead, you can assemble and refrigerate them for up to 2 days tightly wrapped in plastic, parchment, or wax paper.
To avoid a soggy wrap, go light with the dressing. Then, serve some on the side for dipping.
Wrap Recipes to Rap About
Chicken Caesar Wrap
Do you love tomatoes in your chicken Caesar wrap? Feel free to add a handful of halved cherry tomatoes. I don't, so I left them out of the recipe.
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1/3 cup Caesar dressing
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup croutons
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
4 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
Make the salad:
In a large bowl, add the chicken, lettuce, Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese, and croutons. Toss until everything is evenly coated in the dressing. Taste and season with salt and black pepper, if needed.
Wrap the salad:
Place a tortilla flat on a cutting board or clean work surface. Add a quarter of the salad in the center of the tortilla. Fold the left and right edges in towards the center, then tuck the side closest to you up and roll it tightly. Secure it with a toothpick, if you’d like. You could also keep the wrap seam side-down so that it doesn’t unroll. Assemble the remaining 3 wraps just like this.
Cut the wraps in half or serve them whole. The chicken Caesar wraps can be wrapped in plastic wrap, parchment paper, or foil, and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Did you love the recipe? Leave us stars below!
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||28%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|