Dakota Kim is a freelance writer specializing in food, culture, travel, TV, parenting, and lifestyle. Her work has appeared in Food & Wine, Travel + Leisure, Food52, Civil Eats, the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, Vox, and Sunset.
- Dakota has written for Simply Recipes since March 2021.
- She specializes in features, chef interviews, personal essays, recipe writing, gear reviews, and e-commerce.
- Dakota has worked in restaurants for over a decade, as everything from host to line cook to owner.
In addition to writing for outlets like the Los Angeles Times and The New York Times, Dakota has produced a segment for the popular KCRW radio program "Good Food." She has appeared as a TV guest on Al Jazeera and as a radio guest on CBC. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and child.
Dakota has a B.A. in Political Science from Vassar College and an M.L.I.S. in Library and Information Sciences from Rutgers University.
- My Mother Has Always Foraged. A Year Into the Pandemic, I Understand Why, Salon
- The Future of Pandemic Restaurant Design, Zagat Stories
- The LA Restaurant Where You Party in Your Seat, Food & Wine
Simply Recipes Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.