- Creator of Asian in America food blog, soon to be renamed TheQuirinoKitchen.com.
- Won a Doreen Gamboa Fernandez Food Writing Award for her food essay "A Hundred Mangoes in a Bottle".
- Author of three cookbooks: Instant Filipino Recipes Cookbook, My Mother's Philippine Recipes, and How To Cook Philippine Desserts, Cakes and Snacks.
Elizabeth Ann Quirino, Filipino American cookbook author, is a multi-awarded winner of the Plaridel Writing Awards for best in journalism, given by the Philippine-American Press Club in San Francisco, CA. Her food essay “A Hundred Mangoes in a Bottle” has won a Doreen Gamboa Fernandez Food Writing Award (Manila, Philippines). She was an awardee of the FWN Filipina Women’s Network 100 Most Influential Women of the World in 2013 (San Francisco, CA).
Betty Ann, as she is fondly called, was born and raised in Tarlac, Philippines, and now based in New Jersey, USA. She is also freelance journalist, and food writer. She blogs about Filipino home cooking recipes on her popular site Asian in America (soon to be renamed TheQuirinoKitchen.com).
She has written and indie published three cookbooks: Instant Filipino Recipes: My Mother’s Traditional Philippine Food in a Multicooker Pot, a follow up to My Mother’s Philippine Recipes, a collection of her late mother’s favorite Filipino classic dishes which Betty Ann transformed to everyday cooking in her American kitchen. Recently, she was a contributor to the Adobo Chronicles Cookbook: A Collection of Unique Adobo Recipes and Candid Essays on the Filipino Adobo (Philippines, 2020). Other books she has written are How to Cook Philippine Desserts, Cakes and Snacks; Statesman and Survivor Elpidio Quirino, 6th President of the Philippines; and she illustrated Color and Cook Food Coloring Book, an adult coloring book of Filipino food.
Her writing has been published on Positively Filipino; WritersCEO.org; BooksByWomen.org; FOOD Magazine by ABS-CBN Publishing Inc.; Rustan’s Sans Rival Magalogue; and QuirkDIY, Quirk Books Community Blog (Philadelphia, PA). She has made a guest appearance on the TV network KACL-LA 18’s Halo-Halo with Kat Iniba, which aired in California and Hawaii.
Betty Ann travels often to her home in the Philippines, and throughout Asia, in search of traditional recipes and stories about culture and history. She will soon publish her next book, a food memoir.
- Multi-awardee of the Plaridel Writing Award for Excellence in Journalism (Philippine -American Press Club, SF) - 2013 to 2019
- Doreen G. Fernandez Food Writing Award for A Hundred Mangoes In a Bottle essay 2012
- Filipina Women's Network 100 Most Influential Women of the World award 2013
- Positively Filipino Magazine (SF), correspondent
- Instant Filipino Recipes Cookbook, author
- My Mother's Philippine Recipes, author
- How To Cook Philippine Desserts, Cakes and Snacks, author
- Statesman and Survivor Elpidio Quirino 6th President of the Philippines, co-author
- Color and Cook Food Coloring Book, author and illustrator
- AsianInAmericaMag.com, blogger and founder (soon renamed TheQuirinoKitchen.com)
Best cooking advice: "Every recipe begins with love."
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.