Hannah is a freelance writer and food person based in New York City. She is the author of two memoirs, "Feast: True Love in and out of the Kitchen" and "Plenty: A Memoir of Food and Family."
- Her work has appeared in New York Magazine, Salon, Thrillist, Serious Eats, Time Out New York, and SELF.
- She is the author of two memoirs, Feast: True Love in and out of the Kitchen (Little A, 2018) and Plenty A Memoir of Food and Family (Little A, 2021).
- Hannah teaches food writing classes in New York City and online.
Hannah Howard spent her formative years in New York eating, drinking, serving, bartending, cooking on hotlines, and flipping giant wheels of cheese in Manhattan institutions such as Picholine and Fairway Market. The author of two memoirs, she also mentors women recovering from eating disorders by helping them build happy, healthy relationships with food and themselves. She lives in New York City.
- Remembering New York’s Favorite Cheese Man, Grub Street/New York Magazine
- Learning to Eat While Pregnant and Recovering from an Eating Disorder, Catapult
- This refugee-run catering company cooks up food from around the world in Queens, Salon
Simply Recipes Product Review Editorial Guidelines & Mission
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.