Karen is a freelance writer who covers food and drinks. Her work has appeared in Lucky Peach, Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, Chowhound.com, Frenchly, PasteMagazine.com, and more. She is a Former Executive Chef and VP at Goldman Sachs NYC.
- Karen has written for Simply Recipes since March 2021.
- Her work has appeared in Lucky Peach, Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, Chowhound.com, Frenchly, PasteMagazine.com, and more.
- She attended The New School.
Karen's interests include food history, philosophy and culture, cookbooks of all kinds, and researching unique or unusual cooking tools and techniques. She’s also obsessed with finding not only the best but the easiest ways to love cooking and eating for one or for multitudes at all levels of dedicated time and money.
Though a long-time Brooklyn resident, she’s also lived in the rural South, the Florida Keys, New England, and Paris. In recent years she’s traveled to Budapest, Kyiv, and Paris during their Fashion Weeks as a photographer and writer, always finding the best authentic pastries along the way.
Karen has a degree from The New School.
- Can’t Be Tamed, A Wild Food Addiction, Edible Queens.com
- Cushcush, Skillygalee, and Other Southern Breakfasts You’ve Probably Never Eaten, Chowhound.com
- 33 Amazing French Holiday Sweets that are Literally Works of Art, Frenchly US
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.