Lia Picard is a freelance writer specializing in food, travel, and interior design. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Wine Enthusiast, Real Simple, and The Kitchn.
- Lia has written for Simply Recipes since February 2021.
- Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Wine Enthusiast, Real Simple, The Kitchn.
- Lia attended the University of Central Florida for undergrad and has an M.S. in Education Policy from Florida State University.
Lia is thrilled to write about everything related to food and beverages for publications like Wine Enthusiast, Real Simple, Thrillist, and The Kitchn. She's even written about topics tangentially related to food for the Styles section of the New York Times. Whether it’s a chef profile, trend explanation, product review, or ingredient love letter, Lia wants you to feel like you’re having coffee with a friend while getting the latest scoop (and she takes coffee very seriously).
Lia calls Atlanta home and lives with her husband, toddler, and pup.
Lia has a degree in elementary education from UCF and a master's degree in education policy from FSU.
- Everyone Gather ‘Round the Squirrel Table (Chipmunks Too!), New York Times
- Despite Heat, Humidity, and Skepticism, Wines from the American South Find Their Audience, Wine Enthusiast
- Things are Hard. Put Burrata on Everything, The Kitchn
- On a Road Trip, Make Your Next Pit Stop the Donut Shop, Thrillist
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process.