Lia Picard is a freelance writer specializing in food, travel, and interior design. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Wine Enthusiast, Real Simple, and The Kitchn.
- Lia has written for Simply Recipes since February 2021.
- Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Wine Enthusiast, Real Simple, The Kitchn.
- Lia went to the University of Central Florida for undergrad and has an M.S. in Education Policy from Florida State University.
Lia is thrilled to write about everything related to food and beverages for publications like Wine Enthusiast, Real Simple, Thrillist, and The Kitchn. She's even written about topics tangentially related to food for the Styles section of the New York Times. Whether it’s a chef profile, trend explanation, product review, or ingredient love letter, Lia wants you to feel like you’re having coffee with a friend while getting the latest scoop (and she takes coffee very seriously).
Lia calls Atlanta home and lives there with her husband, toddler, and pup.
Lia has a degree in elementary education from UCF and a master's degree in education policy from FSU and doesn't use either of them.
- Everyone Gather ‘Round the Squirrel Table (Chipmunks Too!), New York Times
- Despite Heat, Humidity, and Skepticism, Wines from the American South Find Their Audience, Wine Enthusiast
- Things are Hard. Put Burrata on Everything, The Kitchn
- On a Road Trip, Make Your Next Pit Stop the Donut Shop, Thrillist
About Simply Recipes
Simply Recipes, a Dotdash brand, is here to help you cook delicious meals with less stress and more joy, offering recipes and cooking advice for home cooks, by home cooks. We have more than 3000 tested recipes, guides, and meal plans, and draw over 15 million readers each month. Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.