Easy-to-make, delicious apple chutney with chopped apples, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, orange peel, ginger and cinnamon.
- 2 large tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Combine ingredients and simmer: Put all of the ingredients (chopped apples, onion, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, orange zest, grated ginger, cinnamon) into a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Heat on high to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
2 Uncover and simmer off excess liquid: Uncover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes more to cook off any excess liquid. Remove from heat and let cool.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.