Featured in 16 Recipes Kids Can Make for Mother's Day
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with The California Olive Committee.
Taking a cue from Spanish cuisine, this toast brings together the mellow, buttery California Green Ripe Olives and spicy-sweet peppadew peppers with creamy avocado.
Mild peppadew peppers are slightly pickled and only a little bit hot. Look for them in jars or in bulk at the salad bar at your grocery store. You could also use sliced jalapenos from a jar if you want to really spice it up.
Also look for green ripe olives from California in particular. These olives are milder in flavor than other varieties and have a firm, meaty texture that works well with the crunchy peppadews and the creamy avocado.
Top it with a fried egg and a sprinkle of smoked paprika, and breakfast is served!
More Avocado Toast Recipes
- 3 Ways to Make Avocado Toast with California Ripe Olives
- Avocado Toasts with Olive Relish, Tomatoes, and Balsamic
- Avocado Toasts with Pan-Seared Corn, Olives, and Queso Fresco Recipe
Avocado Toasts With Fried Egg, Olives, and Smoked Paprika
- 4 slices hearty whole grain, artisan-style bread, or another bread of your choice
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pit removed, and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup sliced California Green Ripe Olives
- 1/4 cup sliced mild peppadew peppers (or substitute sliced roasted red peppers)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
In a toaster, toast the bread until golden brown, or to the desired doneness
Add the toppings:
Top each piece of toast with slices of avocado (left in slices or mashed with a fork), then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Squeeze a lemon wedge over each avocado toast. Arrange the sliced olives and peppadews on top.
Fry the eggs:
In a skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Break the eggs into the skillet, and cover the pan.
Cook for 2 minutes, or until all but a thin rim of egg white around each yolk is opaque. Remove the pan from the heat, keep covered, and let sit for about 30 seconds to finish cooking.
Use a thin spatula to transfer the eggs from the skillet and top each of the avocado toasts. Sprinkle with a few pinches of smoked paprika.
Serve the toasts immediately