Upgrade your avocado toast with olives, a fried egg, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika! This quick and easy breakfast will keep you satisfied all the way to lunch.
- 4 slices hearty whole grain, artisan-style bread, or another bread of your choice
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pit removed, and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup sliced California Green Ripe Olives
- 1/4 cup sliced mild peppadew peppers (or substitute sliced roasted red peppers)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
1 In a toaster, toast the bread until golden brown, or to the desired doneness.
2 Add the toppings: Top each piece of toast with slices of avocado (left in slices or mashed with a fork), then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Squeeze a lemon wedge over each avocado toast. Arrange the sliced olives and peppadews on top.
3 Fry the eggs: In a skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Break the eggs into the skillet, and cover the pan.
Cook for 2 minutes, or until all but a thin rim of egg white around each yolk is opaque. Remove the pan from the heat, keep covered, and let sit for about 30 seconds to finish cooking.
Use a thin spatula to transfer the eggs from the skillet and top each of the avocado toasts. Sprinkle with a few pinches of smoked paprika.
4 Serve the toasts immediately.