For an added touch you can include some pine nuts in step one.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, canola oil, or rice bran oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, stem and seed pod removed and discarded, sliced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 4 green onions, chopped, including green parts that are not dried out
- 1 lb baby bok choy, bottom root ball cut off and discarded, rinsed thoroughly, torn into smaller pieces
1 Sauté onions and sliced bell peppers: Heat a tablespoon each of peanut oil and sesame oil in a large sauté pan on high heat.
Add the sliced yellow peppers and chopped green onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. (Keep a watch so that the onions don't burn.)
2 Add the bok choy: Lower the heat and add the bok choy. Stir to coat with the oil in the pan. Cook only until the bok choy has wilted. The thicker, whiter ends of the baby bok choy should still be somewhat crunchy.