Warm, gooey baked brie topped with an easy olive tapenade made with California Ripe Olives makes for one show-stopping party appetizer!
For the tapenade:
- 3 cups California ripe olives, mix of black and green, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the brie:
- 1 (7-ounce) wheel of brie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, for serving
- Crackers or toasted bread, for serving
1 Make the tapenade: Measure all of the ingredients for the tapenade into a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined but are still a bit chunky. Alternatively, if you do not own a food processor, chop the olives and herbs well and place in a bowl along with remaining ingredients.
2 Bake the brie: Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Place the wheel of brie in a baking dish and spoon the tapenade over the top. Drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil on top. Transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The brie should feel soft when pressed and the olives should be warm. Be careful not to bake so long that the brie loses it shape and truly melts.
3 Top and serve the brie: Finish the baked brie with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and serve with your favorite crackers or toasted bread.