Easy! Brussels Sprouts roasted with shallots, tossed with balsamic vinegar and toasted walnuts.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves removed, base trimmed, sprouts cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Several large shallots, peeled and thickly sliced, about a cup
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (optional)
1 Sauté shallots in olive oil: Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the shallots, spread them out in an even layer, lower the heat to medium low, and let them cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
2 Add brussels sprouts, garlic, balsamic: Preheat oven to 425°F. Add the brussels sprouts and the garlic to the shallots. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes more, until the sprouts begin to brown.
Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3 Bake in oven: Place in oven, uncovered. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked through and caramelized on the edges.
4 Sprinkle with balsamic, thyme, walnuts, salt, pepper: Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, the thyme, and toasted walnuts (if using). Stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper to taste.