Salsa pictured over grilled tri tip steak.
Salsa doesn't have to be made with tomatoes, nor does it even need fresh chiles.
This is a quick and easy, delicious salsa to make to accompany steak and meat dishes. It's made with bell pepper and seasoned with red chile flakes, onions, and parsley, basil or arugula.
Bell Pepper Salsa
- 1 large bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped arugula, basil, or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste