This month we’re sharing a few recipes from our friend Tess Masters, The Blender Girl! Tess is our go-to gal for fantastic vegan and gluten-free blender recipes. Check out her newest book The Perfect Blend, available now on Amazon.
Have you ever tried making a savory smoothie?
This non-alcoholic, breakfast-worthy spin on a traditional Bloody Mary cocktail is a splendid (s’blended!) introduction to veggie-based smoothies.
Loaded with flavor, this bold blend will seduce you with every sip. Add more Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, horseradish, and lemon juice for an even bolder experience.
To elevate the experience, try salting the rim of your glass and serving with a celery stick. You won’t even miss the vodka.
Get the book! The Blender Girl Smoothies: 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Paleo-Friendly Recipes by Tess Masters
Bloody Mary Smoothie Recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (66g) diced celery (about 2 ribs)
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh horseradish (not horseradish sauce), plus more to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, plus more to taste
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon natural salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 cups (250g) ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon goji powder
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Tweak flavors to taste (you may want more horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice, or pepper).
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.