Don't throw away those carrot tops! Make this delicious carrot top pesto with them to toss with pasta, beans, or eat straight up as a dip.
- 1 cup (packed, about 40 g) carrot top greens, tough stems removed
- 1 cup (packed, about 40 g) baby spinach
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (63 g) roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Food processor
1 Prep the carrot tops: Rinse the carrot top greens to dislodge any dirt. Pick out and discard any dry, yellowed, or otherwise unappetizing looking leaves. Discard tough stems.
2 Pulse greens, garlic, cashews, salt, pepper in food processor: Place the carrot tops greens, baby spinach, chopped garlic, roasted cashews, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse several times. Scrape the sides down with a rubber spatula.
3 Slowly add the olive oil: While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the olive oil in a steady stream. Scrape the sides down with a rubber spatula. Pulse until smooth.