Simple cherry and pear tomato Greek salad with cucumbers, feta cheese, shallots, mint, and oregano.
- 2-3 cups of cherry and/or pear tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber, peeled (and seeded if the seeds are bitter)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped oregano
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of finely chopped shallots or green onions
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Gently toss the tomatoes, cucumber, feta, onions, mint, and oregano together. Dress with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.