The honey is optional, skip it if you are going vegan, or use maple syrup instead.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (divided, 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup) fresh or frozen (defrosted) blueberries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered or sliced almonds
1 Blend together 2 cups almond milk and 3/4 cup blueberries in a blender. Pour out into a bowl or quart-sized mason jar.
2 Stir in the chia seeds, honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract. (Or just cover and shake if using a jar.) Let sit for 10 minutes, then stir again to break up any clumping.
3 Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
4 When ready to eat, stir again. Top with toasted almonds the remaining blueberries.