Chicken salad with arugula, goat cheese, and apple slices.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for dressing
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tart green apple, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- Baby arugula leaves - enough for a salad for four
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese - broken up into little pieces
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1 Sauté shallots: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a stick-free frying pan on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the shallot slices and lightly sauté them until translucent. Remove shallots from pan and set aside.
2 Sauté chicken pieces: Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and when the oil is hot, add the chicken breast pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt on the chicken while you are cooking it. Remove from pan and chill.
3 Assemble salad: When chicken has cooled, toss together in a serving bowl the shallots, chicken, sliced green apple, arugula, toasted walnuts and goat cheese.
4 Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.