If you are working with frozen shrimp, to defrost place in a large bowl, cover with an inch or two of cold water, stir a couple teaspoons of salt into the water, add a few ice cubes. Let sit until defrosted.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive olive
- 2 cups finely diced red and green bell peppers (3 to 4 bell peppers)
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium sized shrimp (31-40 count)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice (can sub lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives (or green onion greens)
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta
1 Heat salted water for pasta: Put a large pot of salted water (4 quarts of water, 2 Tbsp salt) on high heat. While the water is heating, continue with the recipe.
2 Sauté bell peppers, ginger, garlic: Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the diced bell peppers and cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the grated ginger and minced garlic, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
3 Add shrimp: Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked through and no longer translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with lime juice, the remaining olive oil, and black pepper. Remove from heat.
4 Cook pasta: When the pasta water is boiling, add the angel hair pasta and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through, but still slightly al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
5 Add pasta to shrimp: Add the drained pasta back to the pan with the shrimp. Add the reserved pasta cooking water to the pot. Stir to combine all of the ingredients. Sprinkle with chopped chives to serve.