Roasted hazelnuts have a naturally buttery flavor that goes beautifully with shellfish like crab and lobster.
The idea for this salad came from a crab hazelnut pear appetizer I had that was prepared by Oregon chef Jason Stoller Smith.
Crab Salad with Pear and Hazelnuts RecipePrint
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 firm, but sweet pears, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or 3 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large pieces of butter lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
In a medium sized bowl mix the hazelnuts, celery, pear, onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, ground pepper, and salt.
Gently fold in the lump crab meat, trying not to break up the crab too much.
Make individual servings, about a half cup each over a piece of butter lettuce.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Crab Salad with Pear and Hazelnuts on Simply Recipes. Thank you!Print
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.