Ditch the bottled dressing and make bold, creamy blue cheese dressing at home in mere minutes! You probably have everything you need already in your fridge!
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
1 Marinate the shallots: In a bowl, stir the shallots, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together. Let sit for 10 minutes to soften the flavor of the shallots.
2 Add remaining ingredients: Whisk the mayonnaise and buttermilk into the vinegar and shallot mixture. Add the cheese, and mash any large chunks against the side of bowl (you still want a few smaller crumbles). Stir in the chives, if using.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.