When the hot weather hits, nothing is more cooling than a cucumber salad!
I especially love the thin-skinned varieties of cucumbers—Persian, Armenian, English.
Their peels are thin and delicate, not bitter like regular cucumbers, so they don't require peeling. They're also not usually as seedy as their thick-skinned cousins.
Persian cucumbers, about 5 inches long
In this salad, we are tossing thinly sliced cucumbers with thinly sliced red onion, red radishes, a few mint leaves, and feta cheese, all together with a simple olive oil and vinegar dressing.
- 1 lb thin skinned, mild (non bitter) cucumbers, such as Persian, Armenian, or English cucumbers.
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 young mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
In a medium sized bowl, gently toss together the sliced cucumbers, red onion, radishes, and mint leaves. Sprinkle with vinegar and toss to coat.
Right before serving sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. Place on serving dish and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Our Cucumber yogurt salad here on Simply Recipes
Asian cucumber salad with cilantro and vidalia onions from Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen
Mandolin at Amazon.com for thinly slicing vegetables