This Greek salad is a favorite of my father’s to make during the summer!
We usually have plenty of tomatoes and cucumbers growing in the garden, and all you have to do is toss in some red onions, olives, bell pepper, feta cheese, a few herbs, and some olive oil and vinegar and you have beautiful, cooling, fresh, Greek salad.
Easy Greek Salad RecipePrint
Tip from my mom: to take some of the bite away from the onions, after you chop them, soak them in a little vinegar or lemon juice.
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cucumber, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably brine-cured), coarsely chopped
- A heaping half cup crumbled feta cheese
1 Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oregano and dill weed together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewhisk before using.)
2 Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives in a bowl. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle cheese over and serve.
Products We Love
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Easy Greek Salad on Simply Recipes. Thank you!Print