Who doesn't love buttered noodles? The only problem I have with them is that I can easily eat them all if they're set before me.
Ingredients You Need To Make Buttered Noodles
Noodles, butter, Parm, and parsley. That's it, with a little salt and pepper. Serve them with chicken, pork chops, or steak. Make extra!
Watch This Easy Buttered Noodles Recipe
The Best Pasta for Buttered Noodles
This recipe calls for egg noodles, which are classic for buttered noodles. But, the beauty of buttered noodles is that you can use almost any dried, unstuffed pasta you have in your pantry, following the cooking directions on the package. Try some of these other pasta shapes.
- Elbow macaroni
Tips for the Easy Buttered Pasta
- Add a good amount of salt, at least a heaping teaspoon, to the water before boiling the pasta.
- Make sure to save the pasta water. Adding the starchy water to the butter and noodles will make the simple buttery sauce thicker and silky.
- Ensure the pasta is cooked enough by tasting it before draining to make sure it's cooked properly.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese instead of the shelf-stable grated Parmesan in the shaker container.
- Although the pasta will be seasoned with salt in the boiling water, it will probably need more salt before serving. If needed, don't hesitate to add more salt to taste after adding the Parmesan cheese.
Serve Buttered Pasta With These Family-Approved Recipes
- Swedish Meatballs
- Ranch-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Goldfish Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Honey Dijon Carrots
- Crispy Panko Fish Sticks
Easy Buttered Noodles
Feel free to substitute other hard cheeses for the Parmesan such as pecorino, asiago, Emmental, Gruyère, or Manchego.
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning, divided
8 ounces egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the noodles:
Heat 2 quarts of water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a large pot on high heat until boiling. Add the egg noodles. Cook for 5 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and drain the noodles.
Add the butter, cheese, parsley:
Place the drained hot noodles in a large bowl. Add the butter and Parmesan and stir until the butter has melted. Stir in a tablespoon or two of the pasta cooking water. Stir in the chopped parsley. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|