Recipe is easily doubled.
Recipe can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
- 2 cups (473ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (135g) granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons (89ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (about 150g) blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries, to garnish
1 Warm the cream and sugar: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to a gentle boil, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
Watch carefully and stir frequently to keep the cream from boiling over.
2 Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
3 Take the pan off the heat and let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
4 Strain and chill. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or other container for easy pouring.
Pour into 4 four-ounce ramekins or pretty stemmed glasses.
5 Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. This pudding can also be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Top each glass with berries just before serving.