An egg salad sandwich is one of the easiest sandwiches in the world to make, especially if you have hard boiled eggs already made.
How do you make an egg salad sandwich? Just chop up some hard boiled eggs, add little chopped celery for crunch, some green onions or chives for the green factor, a dash of salt and pepper for seasoning, and a spoonful of mayonnaise to bind everything together. Easy!
Egg Salad Sandwich Tips:
- Add a dash of curry powder. There is one more ingredient that will give your simple egg salad a special zing, and that is a dash of yellow curry powder. Not only will the curry powder give your egg salad sandwich a gentle spicy lift and it will give it a bit more color as well.
- To mayo or not to mayo? You can substitute the mayonnaise in an egg salad sandwich with some ripe avocado; if you do that you’ll need to add some vinegar or lemon juice for an acidic component, and add more salt than you would expect. Personally I prefer my egg salad sandwich with a hefty amount of mayonnaise. That said, the amount of mayonnaise is completely a matter of taste.
Quick and Easy Egg Salad Sandwich RecipePrint
This recipe is for a one egg sandwich. If you would like more egg salad in your sandwich, or if you are making more sandwich, you can easily scale up this recipe.
- 1 hard-boiled* egg (large), peeled and chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion or chives
- A pinch of curry powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices white, wheat, multigrain, or rye bread, toasted or plain
* To make hard boiled eggs, place a few eggs in a saucepan, cover with at least an inch of water, preferable 2 inches. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, remove the pan from heat and let it sit, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Drain the water from the pan, add ice water to cool the eggs, let sit a couple minutes longer. You can also make easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs by steaming them, or cooking them in a pressure cooker.
1 Mash up the chopped egg a bit with a fork. Mix together the chopped hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and curry powder to taste. Mix with a spoon.
2 Toast your bread slices if making the sandwich with toast. Put a layer of lettuce on one slice of bread, spread the egg mixture on top of the lettuce, put another slice of bread on top.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!Print
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.