This recipe is for a one egg sandwich. If you would like more egg salad in your sandwich, or if you are making more sandwich, you can easily scale up this recipe.
To make easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs, fill a saucepan with an inch of water and insert a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil and place the eggs in the steamer basket. Cover the pan and let the eggs steam from the boiling water for 15 minutes. Then shock with cold water and peel.
You can also make easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs by cooking them in a pressure cooker.
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, peeled and chopped (See Recipe Note)
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- A pinch of curry powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices white, wheat, multigrain, or rye bread, toasted or plain
1 Make the egg salad: Mash up the chopped egg a bit with a fork. Mix together the chopped hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and curry powder to taste. Mix with a spoon.
2 Assemble the sandwich: Toast your bread slices if making the sandwich with toast. Put a layer of lettuce on one slice of bread, spread the egg mixture on top of the lettuce, put another slice of bread on top.