The recipe below is for one single-cup serving. Prepare additional servings in their own jars using the same ratios. You can prepare as many servings as you'll eat within 5 days!
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup milk, any kind, including non-dairy
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt, any kind, including non-dairy
- 1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup, or sweetener of your choice, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, or other chopped fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon raisins or other dried fruit
- 1 tablespoons chopped or sliced almonds, cashews, walnuts or other nut of your choice
- Half-pint (8 ounce) canning jar
1 Combine the oats, chia seeds, and milk in an 8-ounce or larger jar: Stir to mix the ingredients together. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
2 Layer the remaining ingredients on top: Once the chia and milk mixture has thickened slightly, top it with layers of yogurt, honey (if using), berries, raisins and nuts. Cover the jar with a cap and refrigerate until needed, or for up to 5 days.
3 Enjoy! Eat your breakfast straight from the jar, mixing everything together as you go, or pour the contents into a bowl, if you prefer.