There are two things I know for sure about my friend Tess Masters. One is that she knows smoothies. The other is that she has an extraordinary palate. Which means when she comes up with a smoothie idea, it’s going to be a winner!
The Green Mojito Smoothie from The Blender Girl Smoothies is a perfect example. Like the mojito flavors of lime and mint? Blend in some pineapple, coconut water, and kale, and you have not only the zesty refreshing taste of a mojito, but it’s good for you too.
Like your power green smoothies? So do I, but not so much the flavor of raw greens. That’s one reason why this smoothie is so lovely, you feel like you’re enjoying a mojito, while you’re drinking kale.
My only change to Tess’s recipe was to add half an avocado to give the drink a smoother consistency. A little ginger can give it some spicy zing.
Tess is our go-to gal for fantastic vegan and gluten-free blender recipes. Check out her newest book The Perfect Blend, available now on Amazon.
Green Mojito Smoothie RecipePrint
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 limes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- 1/2 cup (18g) firmly packed mint leaves
- 2 cups (320g) frozen pineapple
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled and pitted (optional for added creaminess)
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!Print
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.