Finally! This Grilled Cheese BLT means you'll never have to choose between two delicious sandwiches for your lunch ever again. Have them both! Right now!
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slicing tomatoes (such as beefsteak, Brandywine, or Cherokee purple), sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 to 12 slices cooked bacon
- 12 leaves butterhead or other crispy lettuce
- Kosher salt and black pepper
1 Melt the cheese: For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon butter on one side of two pieces of bread. Place the bread buttered-side down in a large skillet or on a griddle over medium-low heat. Sprinkle 2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded cheese evenly over both slices. Cook until the cheese has melted and the bread is crisp, about 2 minutes.
2 Assemble the sandwich: Remove from the skillet. Layer one side with 2 to 3 pieces of bacon, the slices from half a tomato seasoned with some salt and pepper, and 3 leaves of lettuce. Close the sandwich. Repeat for remaining sandwiches. Slice in half and eat warm.