Slices of sweet potatoes grilled and slathered with a cilantro-lime dressing.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
1 Prepare the grill, prep the sweet potatoes: Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat.
While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces.
Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Make cilantro lime dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Grill the sweet potatoes: Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss with dressing: Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.