Once you taste these salty-sweet Herb-Spiced Mixed Nuts, you'll be glad you invited people over to help you eat them. They're dangerously good. Make them right before guests walk through the door and be prepared to make a second batch!
- 3 to 4 cups (283 to 354g) pecans, walnuts, and almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 Toast the nuts: Place the nuts on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet and toast them for about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool slightly.
3 Combine the butter, herbs, and maple syrup: Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the rosemary, sage, thyme, cayenne, maple syrup, and salt. (If you are using oil, you should gently and briefly warm it as well.)
4 Toss the nuts with the butter and herbs: Using a spatula, toss the warm nuts in a medium bowl with the melted herbs and butter until the nuts are coated.
5 Serve! These are best consumed immediately, while warm. They may make your hands a little messy, but it’s worth it. Trust me.