Featured in 14 Citrus Recipes to Brighten Your Day
This is a take on my favorite blondie recipe after one of our commenters mentioned mixing in some lemon and mascarpone cheese. I was intrigued at the idea and went ahead and gave them a try.
They are, to be succinct, astoundingly good!
Creamy, sweet, very soft and with a bit of zing from the lemon they're incredibly rich with a lot of flavor. A cookie that's sure to satisfy the most insatiable sweet tooth.
Lemon Mascarpone Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 112 g) of butter, melted
- 1 cup (220 g) of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 8 ounces (225 g) of mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (128 g) of all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter and flour an 8X8 pan (20cmX20cm). Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk.
Add the lemon juice, zest, and mascarpone cheese and mix thoroughly.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together.
Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.