Cod fillets cooked in onions, green olives, tomatoes and orange slices.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, segmented, membranes removed
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds cod fillets (or any firm white fish), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried dill
1 Cook the onions: Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened.
2 Add the olives, orange zest, orange segments, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3 Add the fish: Add the fish to the pan. Spoon sauce over the fish. Cover and cook for an additional 7 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through.
Sprinkle with dill to serve.