When mangoes are in season and plentiful at the market, it’s hard to resist making mango salsa. It’s so easy!
It’s a great salsa to serve with chips for a gathering, and it’s terrific as a side to fish dishes such as halibut or salmon.
And fish tacos? Mango salsa is perfect for fish tacos.
Mango Salsa Recipe
For some variations to this recipe fold in a cup of either some finely diced cucumber, red bell pepper, or jicama. It's also great with avocado!
It will be easier to dice a mango that is still a bit firm, ripe, but not too soft.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced (about 1 1/2 cup) (See: How to Cut a Mango)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, minced (less or more to taste, make sure to actually taste the chile first, some of them can be quite hot!)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Put the diced mango, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro in a medium bowl. Toss with lime juice. If the salsa is too acidic for you, stir in some diced avocado.
Serve with fish, steak, tacos, or tortilla chips!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
Products We Love
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.