When mangoes are in season and plentiful at the market, it's hard to resist making mango salsa. It's so easy!
It's a great salsa to serve with chips for a gathering, and it's terrific as a side to fish dishes such as halibut or salmon.
And fish tacos? Mango salsa is perfect for fish tacos.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced (about 1 1/2 cup) (See: How to Cut a Mango)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, minced (less or more to taste, make sure to actually taste the chile first, some of them can be quite hot!)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice