For some variations to this recipe fold in a cup of either some finely diced cucumber, red bell pepper, or jicama. It's also great with avocado!
It will be easier to dice a mango that is still a bit firm, ripe, but not too soft.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced (about 1 1/2 cup) (See: How to Cut a Mango)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, minced (less or more to taste, make sure to actually taste the chile first, some of them can be quite hot!)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Put the diced mango, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro in a medium bowl. Toss with lime juice. If the salsa is too acidic for you, stir in some diced avocado.
Serve with fish, steak, tacos, or tortilla chips!