Mezze is basically a party on a platter. It’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but festive enough to serve special guests. Use the ingredients listed as a starting point with room to swap in other dips, vegetables, or fruits depending on what’s in season and what you have on hand. Scale the amounts up or down depending on how many are seated at your table.
- 1/2 cup kalamata or other flavorful olives
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt stirred with a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cup hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup Easy Muhammara
- 2/3 of an English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, cut on the diagonal into slices
- A small bunch of grapes
- 4 ounces feta cheese, broken into pieces, lightly drizzled with olive oil and a pinch of herbs
- 3 pita breads, quartered, brushed lightly with olive oil, and warmed in the oven
1 Assemble the mezze platter: Set out a large platter or generous cutting board. Put the olives, yogurt, hummus, and muhammara in small dishes and add to the platter. Arrange the cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, grapes, and feta on the platter. Fill in with the warm pita just before serving.