Peppery Mustard Greens simply sautéed with onions, garlic, and olive oil and a dash of sesame oil to finish.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mustard greens, washed and torn into large pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken broth or vegetable broth (vegetarian option)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 Sauté onions, garlic: In a large sauté pan, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until the onions begin to brown and caramelize, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and cook a minute more, until fragrant.
2 Add the mustard greens and broth and cook until the mustard greens are just barely wilted.
3 Toss with sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.