Easiest potato salad ever! With small new potatoes, sour cream, and dill.
- 2 pounds small red-skinned new potatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced green onions, including the green onion greens
- 1 heaping Tbsp of minced fresh dill
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Cook the potatoes: Place potatoes, skin on, in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan. Cover with an inch of cold water. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork. Strain the potatoes in cold water, set them aside to cool.
2 Make the dressing: In a medium bowl whisk together the sour cream, green onions, dill, cider vinegar, salt, and black pepper. The dressing should be strongly flavored (the potatoes will need it!).
3 Prepare salad and chill: Cut the cooled potatoes in half lengthwise. Toss with the dressing. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving, to allow the potatoes to absorb some of the dressing.